Please note the following important dates on our school calendar:
November 1st: No school, staff development
November 11th: No school, local holiday
November 4th-8th is conference week for grades K-8, we will release all students at 12:20
Middle school only will be released at 1:30pm November 12th-15th as Middle School teachers will continue conferences
Halloween is an exciting day at Bridges. Most classrooms are having special activities, but our whole school is celebrating the day at 1:40 pm out on the blacktop. Please read the details below closely -- if the following rules are not followed, you will likely be getting a call from us on Halloween!
- Students in grades 1-8 cannot arrive at school in their costumes! They will have an opportunity to change before the afternoon activities.
- No guns, masks or weapons of any kind are allowed
- No inappropriate language/gestures on costumes.
- Our dress code still applies on Halloween.
- Accessories are only permitted during our parade (but only if they are not violent accessories)
Please do not allow your child to bring candy to school before/on/after Halloween!
- Kindergartners will parade around the school in their costumes around 9am.
- Our whole school (minus kinder) will have a costume parade at 1:40pm on the blacktop. Parents are welcome to join us!
- Please look out for messages from your teacher regarding classroom specific Halloween events! And sign up on ParentSquare to volunteer or donate items if you have the means!
Managing Notifications on Parentsquare
We like to communicate with you a lot! We know. As we are working on streamlining our communication between teachers, administration, and PAC, you may wish to consider consolidating school communication from Parentsquare in a Daily Digest. You can learn more about how to do so here:
For students who forget their lunches or snacks, Ms. Theresa coordinates a Food Bank for our students in need. We are getting low again on non-perishable items. If you have the means, consider dropping off kid-friendly packaged items like bars, dried fruit, or crackers to help us re-stock!
Parent Teacher Conferences and NWEA Growth Assessments
Our parent-teacher conferences are right around the corner! We are hosting conferences a bit later this year so that we have more information to share with you about your students’ academic/social/emotional strengths and areas for growth. Check your child’s parent square page in the coming weeks to reserve a 15 minute conference slot to meet with your child’s teacher.
Students in grades 2-8 have taken NWEA assessments in the areas of reading and math. These assessments are adaptive and help our teachers better target growth opportunities for students even if they are working below or above their current grade level. Year after year we will also be able to map the growth of our students. Your child’s teacher will likely be sharing some information derived from these assessments during conference week! You can learn more about NWEA here: www.nwea.org
NEW Lending Library
A former student, Savannah Hodge, and her Girl Scout troop wanted to give back to Bridges by installing a Lending Library for our students and families. They designed and constructed and then installed the Lending Library close to our kindergarten classrooms. Feel free to borrow a book from the Lending Library and help us re-stock it by donating books you’re ready to part with!
School "Courage" Assembly: October 29th, 8:30am
Our next school assembly will be hosted by our 4th and 5th graders with the theme Courage. The assembly will be held on October 29th from 8:30-9:10. Parents are welcome to join us!
Spirit Day: October 25th
Occasionally our student council hosts school-wide spirit days. Our next Spirit day is scheduled for this Friday, October 25th. Student Council invites your child to wear their pajamas and bring a stuffie to school on Friday!
Re-cap of Staff Development Day
We know it’s not always easy to have your children out of school, and we thank you for your flexibility in making alternative arrangements for childcare on these days. We can assure you that we use this time together to connect around a shared vision for our school to enhance learning experiences for your children.
On Friday we connected in a faculty circle, we looked at some school wide assessment data from the CAASPP and NWEA and began making plans to support at-need students, we did more planning for our Gold Standard Project Based Learning Units, and teachers shared knowledge and tips that they gained from the UCLA Lab School’s professional development day on Counting Collections.
We wish you a wonderful and safe week! 💗
Dr. Kelly and Ms. Cindy
Upcoming Dates for your Calendars:
- October 21st-25th: Fall Book Fair
- October 25th: Spirit Day (Wear your pajamas and bring a stuffie to school)
- October 25th: Bridges Got Talent Show 6:30-9pm
- October 30th: Picture Makeup Day
- October 31st: Halloween Activities, 1st-8th grade parade at 1:40pm
- November 1st: No School, Staff Development
- November 2nd: Casino Night Fundraiser at Tipsy Goat, 5:30pm
- November 5th: Coffee Chat with the Director’s, 11am
- November 4th-8th: K-8 Parent Teacher Conferences, students released at 12:20pm
- November 11th: No school, local holiday
- November 12th-15th: Middle school conferences continued
- November 22nd: Harvest Festival
Bridges teachers collaborating together during Staff Development last Friday: