Health and Wellness
BRIDGES CHARTER SCHOOL conducts daily “active” in-person health checks and encourages individuals planning to enter BRIDGES CHARTER SCHOOL facility to conduct a “passive” self-screen prior to coming on site. Individuals should not attempt to enter BRIDGES CHARTER SCHOOL facility if any of the following are present:
- Symptoms of COVID- 19
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Fever equal to or higher than 100.4 degrees F (99.5 degrees F on a no-touch thermometer)
- Are under evaluation for COVID-19 (for example, waiting for the results of a viral test to confirm infection)
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared to discontinue isolation
Individuals who have symptoms should stay home.
Individuals will also participate in “active” screening before entering BRIDGES CHARTER SCHOOL facility. “Active” screenings involve signing-in and verifying that they:
- Have not had a fever in the last 24 hours
- Have not had a cough or respiratory symptoms in the last 24 hours
- Feel generally well without other signs or symptoms of illness (rash, diarrhea, vomiting, )
- Do not have knowledge that anyone in their household has contracted COVID-19
Additionally, individuals will have their temperatures taken with a no-touch thermometer. Individuals who do not pass the temperature clearance (99.5 degrees on a no-touch thermometer) will not be permitted to enter the BRIDGES CHARTER SCHOOL facility.
Individuals who have symptoms or who become sick during the day shall immediately be separated from others and sent home. BRIDGES CHARTER SCHOOL has procedures in place to ensure confidentiality of individuals who become sick at school.
While performing screenings and health checks will not be completely effective, BRIDGES CHARTER SCHOOL has chosen to conduct both “active” and “passive” coronavirus screenings of individuals before allowing access to our facility. It is important to note that screenings and health checks are not a replacement for other protective measures such as hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, face coverings and physical distancing.