From the Directors
Cindy and Kelly are a dynamic team at Bridges -- they both believe in whole child education, and are committed to leadership that is proactive, collaborative, and equitable.
Director: Dr. Kelly Simon
As Director, Kelly serves as the Principal/Superintendent at Bridges Charter School. She chose Bridges because the Charter embodies every component of education necessary for children to be successful socially, emotionally, and academically.
- PhD in Education from UC Santa Barbara, 2012
- Expertise in child development, literacy, teacher development, project based learning, and assessment
- Director of a Writing Center from 2016-2017
- Taught and Supervised Teachers in Teacher Education 2010-2016
- Taught college level writing and critical thinking from 2004-2010
- Taught high school, middle school, and elementary students from 2006-2007
- Mother to three
Assistant Director: Ms. Cindy McCarthy
As Assistant Director, Cindy works to build our school community by building close relationships with students and parents. She chose Bridges because she was looking for a community that embraced growth mindset, human struggle, resilience, compassion, and tolerance while providing a nurturing and safe environment for children to explore. She describes Bridges as the perfect home.
- An educator for over 30 years including:
- Middle School and High School Classroom Teacher
- University Interscholastic League Coach
- Student Council Adviser, Cheerleading Coach, Volleyball, and Track Coach
- Math Department and Lead Chair, Technology Coordinator, Title I Coordinator
- Mentor and New Teacher Supervisor
- Founding teacher with Bridges’ CORE Middle School
- Background in
- Gifted & Talented and Advanced Placement
- Administrative Leadership
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Mother of five and grandmother of three
I chose Bridges Charter School because I was looking for a community that embraced growth mindset, human struggle, resilience, compassion, and tolerance while providing a nurturing and safe environment for children to explore. Bridges is the perfect fit and home for me.